The Giro is the new Unison Research turntable. This turntable is a combination of technology and uses the best available solutions carefully considered in their most important aspect: the resulting sound. Not coincidentally, just released, in 2009, deserved the front cover of HiFi Choice (April 2009) and has been included in the list of best 2009 products (Hi-Fi Choice Collection). The Giro is the only turntable selected in this prestigious collection. This indicates that in 2009 no one has done better than Unison. With the Giro the offer of analog and digital sources by Unison Research is now complete.
- Cartridge body material made out of dense tonewood (stored over 20 years, also used in violin industry)
- Output Voltage: (@ 1kHz, 5 cm/s) ~ 3,7 mV
- Channel Separation: (@ 1 kHz) > 30 dB
- Channel Balance: (@ 1 kHz) < 0,2 dB
- Loading impedance: 47 kOhm
- Loading Capacity: 100 pF
- Recommended tracking force: 2,2 g
- Weight: ~ 5,5 g
- Resonance optimized chassis construction using acrylic and 3 layers of massive
cherry wood laminated in different directions
- Speed accuracy < 0,09%
- newest motor drive technology using a built in synchro-generator, that generates accurate constant distortionfree frequency for 33 and 45 rpm.
- Even fine adjustment of speed could be performed easily