SPM 14000 Ultimate Mono Power Amplifier
The Chord SPM 14000MkII Ultimate Mono power amplifier has been designed as simply the finest amplifier Chord Electronics have ever built – surpassing even the SPM 12000 and SPM 6000 designs.
SPM 14000MkII features the latest-generation 12kW-capable power supply, utilising multiple clocking and spread spectrum techniques to provide the best possible noise performance. With no less than sixty-four of Chord’s lateral structure power output devices, this mono amplifier has massive, effortless reserves of energy and incredibly low distortion.
Now in MkII form, numerous engineering refinements have been made to the SPM 14000 to increase its sonic performance, flexibility and lifespan. These include:
- A new front panel design.
- A new power-control and sequencing board.
• A new rear connector plate that allows for third-party power connectors and the use of new beautifully made, British-designed, heavy-duty, gold-plated, insulated speaker terminals.
• Refinements to the filter components of the subsequent amplifier stages, to insure greater high-speed performance whilst maintaining good overall stability.
• Internal upgrades including numerous circuit board and earthing changes. These were implemented to improve high-current power flow across the units and help extend the product’s lifecycle.
• A reduction of the value of the emitter balancing resistors in the first long tail pair in the second intermediate stage of the amplifier. This allows for a faster overall response and improves the square signal performance of the very high frequencies of the amplifiers.
Output Power: 700W rms into 8 Ohms @ 0.01% distortion
1200W rms into 4 Ohms
: Dynamic Headroom: 1100W rms into 8 Ohms
2200W rms into 4 Ohms
: Frequency Response: Frequency Response: 3dB, 10Hz to 90Khz (8Ohms): Signal To Noise Ratio: Better than -103dB, ‘A’ weighted two thirds: Output Impedance: 0.03 Ohms: Output Inductance: 2.6mH: Output Connections: 4 x gold plated high current WBT connections: Gain: 30dB: Stability: Unconditional: Dimensions (mm): 480 (w) x 668 (d) x 310 (h): Weight: 75 Kg: